Christina Bauer has written SO many great books! I love her writing and am so very pleased to have her write just for Books, Tea, Healthy Me in this special guest post. First, we will take a look at Bauer’s latest book, Baculum, and then we’ll hear her Top 10 pieces of advice for aspiring writers. Then keep scrolling to enter to win a dragon journal!
(Angelbound Lincoln #4)
Published by: Monster House Books
Publication date: January 26th 2021
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult
Watch Lincoln battle Norse monsters in the Viking Games!
As King of the Thrax, Lincoln leads the most powerful demon fighting force in the after-realms… yet he cherishes nothing more than his Angelbound love, Myla. Which is why the king loses his freaking mind when the sinister Ringmaster Kell targets his pregnant wife.
So. Not. Happening.
Ringmaster Kell runs the infamous Viking Games, a series of battles where participants take on the identity of a Norse monster and fight to the death. Sounds good to Lincoln. The king sets aside his crown and enters the arena with one goal only: destroy Ringmaster Kell.
Sometimes, a warrior just needs to ignite his baculum sword and kick a ton of evil ass. But is Lincoln protecting Myla or walking into a trap?
Perfect for readers who love Vikings, Norse mythology, hot princes and cool heroines.
Stories from the perspective of Mister The Prince
1. Duty Bound
Christina Bauer thinks that fantasy books are like bacon: they just make life better. All of which is why she writes romance novels that feature demons, dragons, wizards, witches, elves, elementals, and a bunch of random stuff that she brainstorms while riding the Boston T. Oh, and she includes lots of humor and kick-ass chicks, too. Christina lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son, and semi-insane golden retriever, Ruby. She loves to connect with her fans at BauersBooks.com.
Stalk Christina On Social Media – She Loves It!
“Top 10 list of advice for aspiring writers”
By Christina Bauer
As part of the launch for my latest book, BACULUM, the lovely folks at Books, Tea, Healthy Me have asked me to share a Top 10 List. Love doing these! In this case, I’m thrilled to share my top 10 list of advice for aspiring writers.
10. Read a lot. Good stuff, bad crap, titles that make you giggle.
9. That said, be careful. For me, I take care not to read the same things as everyone else. I don’t want to pick up plot points or whatever that are super popular and regurgitate them without knowing it. What you put in your head comes out on the page!
8. (Try to) accept critiques as a gift. After you cuss out your computer.
7. Decide if you want to self-pub based on what’s best for you, not on what society says is cool.
6. When people tell you that it’s impossible to make money as an author, tell them that I said to pound salt.
5. Write what you love. That way, if you’re successful, you won’t hate your life.
4. Find joy in playing with language.
3. Set aside a sacred time and place to write.
2. Know that I believe in you.
1. Always remember: the stories in your heart can only be brought into the world by you. Please share them!
a Rafflecopter giveaway